- Buy 1 $33.99 each
- Buy 2 $32.29 each
- Buy 3 $31.61 each
- Buy 4+ $30.93 each
L-Glutamine is non-essential and conditionally essential in humans, meaning the body can usually synthesize sufficient amounts of it, but in some instances of stress (such as intense exercise), the body’s demand for glutamine increases and glutamine must be obtained from the diet. In fact, glutamine is so important to the body, it is the most abundant amino acid found in the blood. L-Glutamine comes in both 500gm (100 serves) and 1kg (200 serves) sizes.
L-Glutamine Key Features
- Reduces muscle soreness after exercise (DOMS)
- Catabolic states, such as major trauma, sepsis, major surgery and bone marrow transplantation as well as intense chemotherapy and radiotherapy, are associated with low plasma levels of glutamine
- Reduced availability of glutamine in these conditions may lead to an impaired immune function because of a reduced capacity of immune cells to proliferate
- Glutamine is the respiratory fuel for the lymphocytes, hepatocytes and the mucosal cells of the gut
- Glutamine is one of the most important substrates for ammoniagenesis, not only in the gut, but also in the kidney, because of its important role in the regulation of acid-base homeostasis
L-Glutamine is best used before or directly after training. A dose of 5g is standard. For maximum benefits, expert nutritionists recommended consuming 5g, 1 - 3 times daily, once in the morning, pre and post workout and before bed. L-Glutamine is esily mixed with water, juice and other supplements.